General Ozzie Stuff
sites 2 c
my approach for gathering these sites... (more)
Good all-around sites for travelers... (more)
The web corners related to my technical work... (more)
Web sites about Arizona... (more)
Web sites about New Zealand ... (more)
Web sites about Australia...
- Ask Jeeves your favorite answer butlet is an Ozzie too!
- Australia.com one of the big tourist and travel oriented web sites, the official site of the Australina Travel Commission.
- Guides to Australia a nice country-wide overview from Charles Sturt University
- Lonely Planet features well organized facts and tidbit submitted by real travellers
- Australia Travel information from rec.travel library includes valuable links are personal travelougues
- Yahoo! Australia
- Australia and New Zealand Web Enquiry Research System is a portal type site with lots of resources
- Hutchinson Family Encyclopedia short history and facts on Australia
- Immigration rules from the Australian embassy
- OzSearch does what it says- a search engine for Australia info
- Picture Australia is an index of Australian images organized by the National Library in Canberra
- Aboriginal Australia connects you to over "fifty Aboriginal enterprises offering a range of authentic Aboriginal products, services and information." Find Art, clothing, travel, art centers, and more.
- Roger Clark's first, and the most authoritative, source of information on the web about the Waltzing Matilda"the real Australian national anthem"
- Whereis Online offers free maps and driving directions, more or less the Ozzie version of Mapquest.
- RailPage Australia
- CountryLink rail service in New South Wales
- Great Southern Railway
- Greyhound Australia bus/coach service
- Qantas airline- good service with their e-Tickets
- Vline bus and train transport information in Victoria
Places to Stay
- Youth Hostel Association in Australia
- CitySearch Australia helps you find information on the big cities and other popular areas
- Melbourne office site
- Melbourne Virtual Tour
- Tourism Victoria includes information on Melbourne
Institutions I visited
- Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT)
- TAFE Institutes New South Wales
- TAFE South Austalia Institutes
- National Projects
- Australia National Training Authority (ANTA)
- Toolbox Central
- Flexible Learning Leaders
- NET*working 2000
- CSIRO government sponsored Science and Industry research
- Learning Network Queensland
- Open Learning 2000 Conference
- Charles Sturt University
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Stuff to See and Do
- AMP Tower (Sydney)
- Australia Technology Park (Sydney)
- Australian War Memorial (Canberra)
- Australian National Library (Canberra)
- Burleigh Heads web cam (Gold Coast)
- Byron Bay (Gold Coast)
- Coolangatta (Gold Coast)
- Federation Square (Mlebourne)
- Healesville Sanctuary near Melbourne
- International Car Show (Sydney)
- Maritime Museum (Sydney)
- Melbourne Cup, the nation stops the second Tuesday in November for a horse race. Sounds more fun than the US elections.
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival a full month of laughs!
- Melbourne Moomba Festival
- Migration Museum of South Australia (Adelaide)
- National Art Gallery (Canberra)
- Old Parliament House (Canberra)
- Parliament House (Canberra)
- ParkWeb provides information on nature parks in Victoria
- Philip Island Penguin Parade south of Melborune, yes it is touristy but the little critters are just too cute
- South Australian Museum (Adelaide)
- Southbank (Brisbane)
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Opera House
- Tandanya Aboriginal Art Center (Adelaide)
- BigPond Internet has nationwide 56k dial-up numbers provided from the telecom giant, Telstra- wasthe serivce I used. You get the first month of 50 hours use free with reasonable plans for 40 hours use.
- Ozemail another nationa wide provider, a long time internet player here.
|from .az to .nz & .au||what & why||where||references||photos||news|